Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to Just Us. This is a blog about our family walking our lives out together- obeying our call to be Christ's hands here on earth, loving the poor, widowed and orphaned, and doing our best to have fun adventures along our way. We are a homeschooling family of four boys (currently) ages almost 9 years, 7 years , 4 years and 20 months. Our fifth boy is still living in an orphanage in Haiti. He is 8 and will hopefully be home with us within the next year.



Our days are crazy and wild, (sometimes its quiet) and messy and I love every blessed second of it. Some of the things we love to do with our boys include hiking, gardening, making mini-movies (my husband is a visual effects hobbyist), LEGOs and camping. The older two boys' favorite games are Battleship (the original one) and Chess, All four boys enjoy Legos and Minecraft (although I must admit that I think the 20 month old's favorite part of legos is being godzilla).


Did I mention I love photography?
And me? Well I am a former high school English teacher turned stay at home mum to this wild bunch. I enjoy writing, reading, photography and being outside. I am passionate about helping the poor in Haiti and so to both fund our adoption and to employ moms and dads in Haiti I sell Apparent Project bracelets. I love to blog-it's my outlet, writing our life. Here you will find posts about our chaotic, messy daily life, homeschooling, crafting hiking and the occasional light bulb moment. So welcome! I am excited to be linking with M.O.B. this week and am looking forward to meeting y'all! 

 


13 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Blog Hop! Love all your pictures!! Our boys could be great friends! They are always "loving" little creatures that they find outside! I'm a former teacher turned homeschooling mama to three boys, also. Nice to meet you!

    Jennifer
    teachingboys.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jennifer! glad you stopped by ;-) Think I'll go track you down and stop by for a visit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Louise! I'm stopping by from the blog hop too. What an adorable bunch of boys you have! That last photo of your baby with that wild hair is adorable. Adopting a little boy from Haiti...how exciting! I can't wait to read more about it! Adoption has a big place in my heart as I was adopted when I was 8 years old too (me and my teenage brother together).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the blog hop and a new follower! We are an adoptive family in the waiting and I am an adoption advocate and social worker. Praying for you in the waiting to bring your son home! Your family is beautiful and it's so nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome I love meeting other folks who are adopting...thanks for coming over and following....

      Delete
  5. It is so nice to "meet" you! You have a handsome bunch:) We love chess and Legos too. You have wonderful photos of your kids. Blessings! www.toshowthemjesus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from M.O.B. LOVE all your boy pics! :) I'm a mom of 4 boys as well, and praying we'll be able to adopt REAL soon. I look forward to following you on your journey! http://mycornersoftheworld.blogspot.com/2012/07/im-part-of-mob-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Hannah thanks for stopping by...just took a jaunt over to your "corner" (hehe) you have such handsome little men.

      Delete
  7. Another "MOB-ster" here…:) Glad I found you through the hop! Looks like you guys do have fun, and how exciting to have another son on the way!!
    God bless you, and I'll want to see what happens next, so I'll be back! ;)
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to meet you, Louise. We also have four boys very close in age to your guys. It looks like our boys are very similar in their interests as well. We also love camping, Legos, making (very amateur) mini-movies, creatures of all kinds and getting messy. I'm following you so we can stay in touch. :) -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun!!! I am glad to meet you too....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Another Mobster here as well. You have an adorable set of boys. You must be very busy! Wishing you all a fun filled and safe summer!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am stopping by from the MOB blog hop (I'm still working through the list). What a sweet bunch of boys you have!!! I love meeting other moms of boys out there. Blessings from Croatia: A Little R & R: www.littlerandr.org

    ReplyDelete