Monday, May 23, 2016

The Scent of Lilacs

The scent of lilacs lures me outside, it beckons me to lose myself in the beauty that is spring. Despite the swarms of black flies, I venture out seeking peace and solace. Our new home is different now in so many ways. Winter has finally released her icy grip and spring has blossomed seemingly overnight. As we travel through our year each season brings new challenges and surprises. And yet every morning I wake and look outside, every evening I watch the stars and listen to the barred owl, the spring peepers and crickets--I am in awe of this place and that I get to live here. So tonight as the sun set behind the hill and the lilacs beckoned, I walked our yard and new neighborhood exploring with my camera and found photo treasures to share...














No comments:

Post a Comment