Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Over thirty years ago (ouch that hurts) I met an amazing gal. She was cute in that 80's sort of way. But she was shy. My mom found out (from her friend who was this little gal's aunt) that she was sad--and lonely at this new school. My mom TOLD me--make friends with her. The next day as we filed downstairs for recess I swallowed my incredible shyness and hollered--hey Amy you wanna play with us? I remember it like it was yesterday--every detail down to where she was standing and the color of the walls. Crazy. Who would have thought that one moment would blossom into a lifelong friendship. As young girls we spent our days horseback riding at her house, hiking at Thorncrag, listening to the Footloose song dreaming about someday....fast forward to this week. Amiee came to visit family in Maine with her twin baby girls. And one of our someday dreams of girlhood came true--our kids met, and played and hiked Thorncrag together.
        

It was so sweet--her girls, my boys--getting to know each other. Of course Amiee's girls at nine months will hardly remember--but it is the beginning of knowing each other. My boys (all older except Ben) will remember. This first meeting an early imprint of friendship.



Ean and Addy...


  


















No comments:

Post a Comment