Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Confessions and Ean Rides with No Training Wheels!

I have never dyed eggs. There I said it. It seems I may be close to being the only person who has not so when I saw a Ukrainian Egg Dying Kit on sale I grabbed it. Then I asked Brian if he knew how. Silly me of course he did. He is full of surprises. Apparently his mom taught them. So in the last week I learned how to "blow an egg out" (ie: make holes on either end, stick a skinny skewer in to break the yolk and then blow on one end--thus expelling the egg guts). The boys loved it but refused to try (as did I) so kudoes to Brian for blowing out 1/2 dozen eggs for us.


Of course being the good homeschooling mom that I am we did get one book out form the library on the Ukraine so we could learn more about the country that "invented" Pysanky. We also watched a few youtube videoes on the history of pysanky as well as an excellent "how to" video. The it was time to dye eggs!  We had a blast and have decided we are going to date these and save them and do more every year....what a great idea (we'll see if it happens or it the eggs survive). Oh and Gabe and Jaden took almost all the egg dying action shots!









the precious yellow egg--Ean loves yellow




     
drying in the sun


all done!




We also enjoyed the few days of spring we had last week. (Now its back to winter with freezing wind chills but really I love the battle of the seasons because Spring does eventually win--and if not then summer does) Ean learned how to ride his bike with no training wheels. It was awesome. He asked several weeks ago for us to take off his training wheels. He tried riding a few times got scared and quit. This weekend Ben pulled out Ean's old bike and tried to ride it. Ean tried to teach him how to pedal. The Ean decided the best way to teach Ben was to get on his bike and show him. So he did. And that was that. It was done. He is amazing. Although there was one great classic little kid learns to ride his bike video. I am going to share it here and dedicate it to my brother and the dump truck.


























No comments:

Post a Comment